Prof. Miodrag Micic, Ph.D., Sc.D., M.T.M.
Current full-time position: Department Chair, Engineering Design Technology Cerritos College, Norwalk, CA.
Visiting Professor, Dept. of Applied Ecology, Singidunum University, Belgrade, Serbia.
Research Specialist II, BioMEMS group, Dept. of Mechanical and Airspace Engineering, University of California, Irvine
Author citations profile: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Ij_T_B0AAAAJ&hl=en.
(in reverse chronological order)
Master of Technology Management, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 12/2003.
Doctor of Philosophy, Chemistry, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, 05/2002.
Doctor of Science, Physical Chemistry, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, FR Yugoslavia, 04/2001.
Master of Science, Chemistry, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL , 05/2001
Master of Science, Physical Chemistry, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Physical Chemistry, Belgrade, FR Yugoslavia, 12/1998.
Bachelor of Science . & Bachelor of Education, with Honors in Physics and Fundamentals of Engineering, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Physics, Belgrade , FR Yugoslavia, 09/1996.
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Naval Architecture Engineering, Higher Technical School at Polytechnic Academy, Belgrade, FR Yugoslavia, 09/1991.
Aviation Technician-A&P Mechanic and H.S. Diploma, Technical School “Petar Drapsin”, Belgrade, FR Yugoslavia, 06/1990.
Certificate, Composites Manufacturing, Cerritos College, Norwalk, CA, 05/2009.
Certificate, Medical Products Development, University of California – Irvine, Irvine, CA, 12/2005.
Teaching Certificate (internal), Instructional Advancement Center, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, 04/1999.
Pilot certificatie, private pilot, single engine, land, FAA. 02/2002.
Machining & CAD/CAM Certificates: CNC Machinist certificate; MasterCAM certificate, QPE Technical Institute, 2007; AutoCAD & AutoLISP, advanced certificate, IBK – Belgrade, 1988.
Aircraft Design Certificates: Composite Aircraft Design using finite element methods, Aircraft Design Inc, 2/2008.
Language abilities: Fluent in English, Russian and Serbo-Croatian.
2013-now: Department Chairman, Engineering Design Technology, Cerritos College, Norwalk, CA.
2012-2013: Instructor, Engineering Technology, Cerritos College, Norwalk, CA.
2005-.2013 Vice-President, Research and Development, and Interim General Manager, Molecular Biology Sample Prep Line, , MP Biomedicals, LLC. (Formerly ICN Biomedicals Inc.), Santa Ana,, CA.
Manage the entire corporate-wide R&D efforts, product design, design transfer to manufacturing and help with product launches for life-science research products and IVD products. Define R&D budget; Generates and select projects; coordinate with marketing and sales marketing research for defining user needs. Search for licensing opportunities. Responsible for conversion of user needs to design input; Coordinate with marketing and sales product launch; Intialize and manage outsourcing contracts for research and product development; Have a final word in selection of new products from an OEM manufacturers; Work with QA in defining and reviewing results of clinical trials.. Responsible for technology assessment of potential acquisition candidate.
Major highlights: Started entirely new instrumentation division from scratch. Completed development, including design transfer to offshore manufacturing and management of a product launch of a most advanced cell lysis/DNA extraction machine, FastPrep-24; FastPrep-96, FastPrep adapters; SpinPrep microcentrifuge; SafTest II photometer and other products. All projects done within 12 months and on low budgetary constrains; FastPrep instruments achieved sales multimillion dollars sales for the first 12 months since product launch and in the same time period becomes the No. 1. products in revenue for company worldwide. Finalizing development of a new Alzheimer diagnostics blood-based test; Introduction of new DOA an cardiac panel rapid tests ; new transfection reagent kits internally developed; sample addition monitors for existing infectious disease ELISA kits; new FISH probes; establishing key licencing agreement for new diagnostics and research products with Universities and private parties.
2006-2008 Acting global product manager of molecular biology sample preparation line. Envisioned and organized FastPrep product launch resulting in a multi-million dollars sales in a first year; directed marketing and sales activities for mol. biology sample preparation line, achieved high double-digit annual growth in sales revenue of FastPrep and purification line worldwide, and triple digit annual growth in North America for FastPrep instruments. More than doubling profitability of FastPrep instruments line in 2006 vs 2005.
2004-2005. Director, Product Manager for New Product Development, MP Biomedicals, LLC. (Formerly ICN Biomedicals Inc)., Irvine, CA. .
Responsible for the introduction of new products and for the life-cycle management; marketing research, both quantitative and qualitative; evaluation of products and r&d assessment of the acquisition candidates. Responsible for new products launch campaign. Suggests and select new products for catalog business; Manage internal and OEM products development;
2003- 2004. Senior Application Scientist: Veeco Instruments, Santa Barbara, CA.
Responsible for discovering new applications of the Near Field Optics line of products, and acting as a NSOM product manager; Performing informal and formal marketing surveys of the existing and potential users of near-field optical microscopes; Publishing peer-reviewed and trade journal articles on new NSOM applications in chemistry and life sciences; Define training program for the NSOM customers; established key collaborations with University labs.
Achievements: Launch the near-field spectroscopy system, Aurora-3/Spec. Developed entire specifications/design input for the next generation NSOM microscopy system. Achieved double increase in NSOM product line sales
2002- 2003. Post-Doctoral Research Fellow: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, (An US DOE Facillity operated by Battelle), Richland, WA.
Studies of single molecular electron transfer dynamics. Developing new devices, technologies and applications of the apertureless near-field scanning optical microscopy and single-molecular spectroscopy.
Major achievements: Developed first practical apertureless, near fieldfluorescence lifetime imaging system; First detailed study of factors contributing to the image resolution and quality in apertureless NSOM configuration; First observation of single-electron interfacial electron transfer between the dye and semiconductor surfaces. All results published in a top peer reviewed journals in the field, and have been cited numerous times, and reviewed in editorials and articles in major journals.
1998-2002. Graduate Student; Teaching Assistant; Research Assistant: Department of Chemistry, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL.
Studying the surface chemistry of selected cross-linked polymers; developing new hydrogels with potential surgical and drugs delivery applications; developing new applications of the environmental scanning electron microscopy in the surface chemistry field.
Major achievements: Completed Ph.D. within 3.5 years time frame, with total of 10 journal articles published from thesis. Numerous University awards and recognitions.
1996-1998. Graduate Student and Research Assistant: Faculty of Physical Chemistry, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
Studying behavior of tropospheric photooxidants and particulate matter in Belgrade troposphere.
Major achievements: First continuousd monitoring of atmospheric photooxidants (NOx, O3 and total VOC) using instrument methods in Balkan; Setting up the first semi-automated continuous monitoring station for atmospheric photooxidants in Balkan. Modification of an existing NOx chemiluminescence monitor in order to improve sensitivity 4X; Building new O3 non-dispersive photometer; First use of the Environmental Scanning Electron Microscopy (ESEM) on characterization of atmospheric particulate matter; Won the grant from EU program, Eurotrac-2 for trans-boundary tropospheric photooxidants transportation measurements. Several publications in peer reviewed journals.
2006-now, Independent consultant, Several well established corporate clients in the medical devices and life science areas (ophthalmic, implants, drugs delivery systems, microfluidics systems, plastics manufacturing technologies, rapid prototyping), details available upon request.
HONORARY/PART TIME ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS (2):
2010-now: Visiting Professor, Dept. of Applied Ecology, Singidunum University, Belgrade, Serbia.
2006-2012: Project Scientist,, part time Dept. of Mechanical and Airspace Engineering, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA. Current projects: Centrifugal microfluidics mixing systems; Langmuir and Langmuir Blodgett films for biosensors applications; new prepreg composite materials and manufacturing methods; direct digital manufacturing of micro UAV systems. Spring 2009 Teaching Assignments: Selected lectures in direct digital manufacturing and other advanced manufacturing technologies within the MAE195 Advanced Manufacturing.
ADVISORY BOARD MEMEBERSHIP (3)
2007-now, Cerritos College, Manufacturing Dept, Plastics and Composites, Machine Tools Technology and Engineering Design Technology Dept., Advisory Board Member,
2008-now, North Orange County Regional Occupational Program (ROP), Advisory Board Member,
2009-now, Manufacturing program, UCI Dept. of Mechanical and Airspace Engineering, Advisory Board Member.
NEWS ARTICLES BY OTHERS ABOUT DR. MICIC AND HIS WORK (11)
1. “Breaking the Bottleneck”, Interview with Dr. Micic on new development in sample preparation systems, Future
Pharmaceuticals, Vol 1., Feb. 2009, pp 62-65. Available on-line http://www.futurepharmaus.com
2. “Ageless quest – hunt for AD Biomarkers”, Portion of the article contains an interview with Dr. Micic on his work on development of a blood-based Alzheimer disease screening diagnostics system,, CAP Today, Vol 22, No 10, Oct. 2008, pp. 48-56. Available on line at: http://www.cap.org/apps/cap.portal?_nfpb=true&cntvwrPtlt_actionOverride=
3. “Biotech and Health: Small Test Is Big Step for DNA”, The Orange County Registrar, Marketplace Section, June 28,
2007, page 1 and 5. Part of this article is an interview with Dr. Micic on current and future outlook for integrated
genomic tests on a CD device. Available on line at http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/money/article_1746477.php
4. “Gold quantum dots sensitively detect proteins”, Biophotonics News column, Biophotonics International, January 2007,
page 24. Article about Dr. Micic’s paper on gold quantum dots immunoassay (Chemical Communications, 2006,
5. “Ramaniscing about Catalysis”, Science and Technology Column, Editorial, Chemical and Engineering News, October
13, 2003, pp59-64. Discussion about Dr. Micic’s work on the page 64, and Dr. Micic’s photo on the page 62. Available
on-line at http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8141/8141sci1.html
6. People: “Movers and Shakers”, Chemistry and Industry, May 2005, pp30.
Dr. Micic’s appointment at the VP level in MP Biomedicals.
7. People. Chemical and Engineering News, April 11th 2005, pp. 42.
Dr. Micic’s appointment at the VP level in MP Biomedicals.
8. Editorial, Literature Highligts, Microscopy and Analysis, May, 2004., pp.21.
Discussion on Dr. Micic’s paper (M. Micic et al, Colloids and Surfaces B:Biointerfaces 34 (2004) 33.) “NSOM-AFM Study of Plant Cell Wall”.
9. “People and Places Column”, sub-title “New roles for People on the Move” Microscopy And Analysis, November 2003,
pp 35. Discussing Dr. Micic’s work and his position at Veeco Instruments Inc.
10. Microscopy and Analysis, Editorial, Literature Highligts, September, 2003., pp.27.
Discussion on Dr. Micic’s paper (Review of Scientific Instruments, 74 (2003) pp. 3347-3355.) on AFM-FLIM
microscopy as a major achievement in the field.
11. Researcher Profile, Dr. Miodrag Micic, Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 11(2002), pp.415.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS (Total: 64):
a) Editorials (2):
- M.Micic, J. D. Whyte Jeffrey D. Whyte, “Breaking the Sample Prep Bottleneck:Automated Lysis System Streamline Workflows” Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News, 32(2012): pp 31-33.
- M. Micic, “Preface: Supramolecular Chemistry at Interfaces”, Colloids & Surfaces B: Biointerfaces,
58(2007), pp 1-2.
b) Reference/Review Articles, Book Chapters and Books (6):
G. Thakur, M. Micic, R. M. Leblanc, “Surface chemistry of Alzheimer's disease: A Langmuir monolayer approach”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Volume 74(2009), pp436-456.
M.Micic “Microscopy and Spectroscopy, Near Field”, Wiley Encyclopedia of Medical Devices & Instrumentation,
Second Edition”, Vol 4,. pp. 435-448, A John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2006.
- K. Radotic, M. Micic, M. Jeremic, “Scanning Probe Microscopy of Plant Cell Wall and Its
Constituents”, chapter in: Force Microscopy: Applications in Biology and Medicine, pp. 95-112, A John Wiley and
Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2006.
4. M. Micic, R. M. Leblanc “ Demonstrating a Thermodynamics Fountain: Heating up the Classroom with an Energy
Transfer Exercise” , pp. 147-150 in: B. R. Shmaefsky (Ed.), “Favorite Demonstrations for College Science”, NSTA
Press, Arlington, VA, 2004.
5. S. Vujic, M. Berkovic, D. Kuzmanovic, P. Milanovic, A. Sedmak, M. Micic, "Applications of the Finite Element
Methods in Geostatical Calculation in Mining Engineering", Monography Series, University of Belgrade, Faculty of
Mining Engineering, Belgrade, 1991 (in Serbian language).
6. M.Micic, Poetry book” “Svoj deci sveta iz istog buketa”, Sampa-Radio I Film Bor, Bor, FR Yugoslavia, 1988 (In
c) Published Papers in Peer-Reviewed Journals (total 56) :
1. A. R Garcia, I. Rahn, S. Johnson, R. Patel, J. Guo, J. Orbulescu, M. Micic, J. D. Whyte, P. Blackwelder, R. M Leblanc, "Human insulin fibril-assisted synthesis of fluorescent gold nanoclusters in alkaline media under physiological temperature", Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 105 (2013) pp. 167-172
2. M. Micic, J. D. Whyte, V. Karsten, L. Miller, "Metagenomic Nucleic Acid Sample Prep: New Tool Designed to Make It Easier to Work with Soil and Fecal Samples", Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News 33 (2013), pp. 28-29
3. S. Li, M. Micic, J. Orbulescu, J.D. Whyte, R. M. Leblanc, "Human islet amyloid polypeptide at the air–aqueous interface: a Langmuir monolayer approach" , Journal of The Royal Society Interface, 9 (2012), 3118-3128
4. S. Johnson, W. Liu, G. Thakur, A. Dadlani, R. Patel, J. Orbulescu, J. D. Whyte, M. Micic, R. M. Leblanc, "Surface Chemistry and Spectroscopy of Human Insulin Langmuir Monolayer",The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 116(2012), pp. 10205-10212.
5. W. Liu, S. Johnson, M. Micic, J. Orbulescu, J. Whyte, A. R. Garcia,Roger M. Leblanc, « Study of the Aggregation of Human Insulin Langmuir Monolayer, Langmuir, 28(2012), pp. 3369-3377.
6. .D. Djikanovic, A. Kalauzi, M. Jeremic, J. Xu, M. Micic, J. D. Whyte, Roger M. Leblanc, K. Radotic, “Interaction of the CdSe quantum dots with plant cell walls”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 91(2012) pp. 41–47.
7. G Thakur, M. Micic, Y. Yang, W. Li, D. Movia, S. Giordani, H. Zhang, R. M. Leblanc,Conjugated Quantum Dots
Inhibit the Amyloid β (1–42) Fibrillation Process, International Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 2011 (2011), Article
ID 502386, 15 pages.
8. Z. Noroozi, H. Kido, R. Pelytavi, R. Nakajima-Sasaki, A. Jasinskas, M. Micic, P. L. Felgner, M. Madou,A multiplexed immunoassay system based upon reciprocating centrifugal microfluidics, Review of Scientific Instrumes, 82 (2011), pp.064303 - 064303-9
9. G. Thakur, C. Pao, M. Micic, S. Johnson, R.M. Leblanc,Surface chemistry of lipid raft and amyloid AB (1-40) Langmuir monolayer, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 87 (2011) pp. 369– 377.
10. G. Thakur, M. Micic, R. M. Leblanc, Surface Chemistry and Spectroscopy of Amyloid beta (1-42) Mixed with and Conjugated to Quantum Dots Langmuir Monolayer, Journal of Physical Chemistry C 114(2010) pp. 15084-15093.
11 J. Orbulescu, M. Micic, M. Ensor, S. Trajkovic, S. Daunert, R. M. Leblanc, “Human Cardiac Troponin I: A Langmuir Monolayer Study”, Langmuir, 26(2010), pp, 3268-3274.
12. Z. Noroozi, H. Kido, M. Micic,H. Pan, C. Bartolome, M. Princevac, J. Zoval, M. Madou, “Reciprocating flow-based centrifugal microfluidics mixer”, Review of Scientific Instruments 80(2009), pp. 075102
13. H. Avagyan, B. Goldenson, E. Tse, A. Masoumi, V. Porter, M. Wiedau-Pazos, J. Sayre, R. Ong, M. Mahanian, P.Koo, S. Bae, M. Micic, P. T. Liu, M. J. Rosenthal, M. Fiala Immune blood biomarkers of Alzheimer disease patients, Journal of Neuroimmunology, Volume 210(2009), pp 67-72.
14. C. Wang, M. Micic, M. Ensor, S. Daunert, R, M. Leblanc, “Infrared Reflection-Absorption Spectroscopy and
Polarization-Modulated Infrared Reflection-Absorption Spectroscopy Studies of the Aequorin Langmuir
Monolayer”, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 112(2008), pp. 4146-4151.
15. C. Triulzi, M. Micic, J. Orbulescu, S. Giordani, B. Mueller, R. M. Leblanc ,”Antibody–gold quantum dot–
PAMAM dendrimer complex as an immunoglobulin immunoassay”, Analyst, 133 (2008) pp. 667-672
16. C. Wang, M. Micic, M. Ensor, S. Daunert, R. M. Leblanc, "Surface Properties of "Jellyfish": Langmuir Monolayer and Langmuir-Blodgett Film Studies of Recombinant Aequorin", Langmuir, 23 (2007), pp. 7602 –7607.
17. H. Kido, M. Micic, D. Smith, J. Zoval, J. Norton, M. Madou, “A novel, compact disk- like centrifugal microfluidics system for cell lysis and sample homogenization” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 58 (2007),
18. D. Djikanović, A. Kalauzi, M. Jeremić, M. Micic K. Radotić, “Deconvolution of fluorescence spectra:
Contribution to the structural analysis of complex molecules”, Colloids & Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 54 (2007) pp. 188-192
19 . C. Triulzi, M. Micic, S. Giordani,. M. Serry, W.A. Chiou , R. M. Leblanc, Immunoassay based on the antibody-conjugated PAMAM-dendirmer gold quantum dot complex, Chemical Communications, (2006), pp. 5068-5070.
20. E. Suljovrujic, M.Micic, S. Demic, V. I. Srdanov "Combinatorial approach to morphology studies of epitaxial thin films"., Applied Physics Letters, 40 (2006) art.no. 1212902.
21. K. Radotic, M. Micic, M. Jeremic, “New Insight Into the Structural Organization of the Plant Polymer Lignin”, Annals of the New York Academy of Science, 1048 (2005) pp. 215-229.
22 K. Gattas-Asfura, W. Weisman, F. M. Andreopoulos, M. Micic, P. Tang, B. Muller, S. Sirpal, S. M. Pham, R. M. Leblanc, “Cinnamate-Functionalized Gelatin: Synthesis and “Smart” Hydrogel Formation via Photo-Cross-
Linking”, Biomacromolecules, 6 (2005) pp. 1503-1509.
23. V. Biju, M. Micic, D. Hu, H. P. Lu, “Intermittent Single-Molecule Interfacial Electron Transfer Dynamics”, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 126 (2004), pp. 9374-9381.
24. M. Micic, “Near-Field Scanning Optical Microscopy and Spectroscopy Advance”, Photonics Spectra, 38 (2004), pp. 124-125.
25. Micic, D. Hu, Y. D. Suh, G. Newton, M. Romine, H. P. Lu, “Correlated atomic force microscopy and fluorescence lifetime imaging of live bacterial cells”, Colloids and Surfaces B:Biointerfaces, 34 (2004), pp. 205-212.
26. Hu, M. Micic, N.Klymyshyn, Y. D. Suh, H. P. Lu, “Correlated topographic and spectroscopic imaging by combined atomic force Microscopy and optical microscopy”, Journal of Luminescence, 107 (2004), pp 4-12.
27. .M. Micic, N. Klymyshyn, H. P. Lu, “Finite Element Method Simulations of the Near-Field Enhancement at the
Vicinity of Fractal Rough Metallic Surfaces, Journal of Physical Chemistry B,108(2004), pp. 2939-2947.
28 M. Micic, K. Radotic, M. Jeremic, D. Djikanovic, S. B. Kaemmer, “Study of the lignin model compound supramolecular structure by combination of near-field scanning optical microscopy and atomics force microscopy”, Colloids and Surfaces B:Biointerfaces, 34 (2004), pp. 33-40.
29.M. Micic, R. M. Leblanc, D. Markovic, A. Stamatovic, N. Vukelic, P. Polic, “Atlas of the Tropospheric Aerosols
from Belgrade Troposphere”, Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 12 (2003), pp. 1015-1024
30. Sui, J. Orbulescu, X. Ji, K. Gattas-Asfura, R. M. Leblanc, M. Micic, “Surface Chemistry Studies of Quantum Dots (QD’s) Modified with Surfactants”, Journal of Cluster Science, 14 (2003), pp. 123-133.
31. M. Gattas-Asfura, Y. Zheng, M. Micic, M. J. Snedaker, X. Ji, G. Sui, J. Orbulescu, F. M. Andreopoulos, S. M. Pham, C. Wang, R. M. Leblanc, “Immobilization of Quantum Dots in the Photo-Cross-Linked Poly(ethylene glycol) Based Hydrogel”, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 107(2003), pp. 10464-10469.
32. D. , M. Micic, N. Klymyshyn, Y.D. Suh, H. Peter Lu, “Correlated Topographic and Spectroscopic Imaging Beyond Diffraction Limit by Atomic Force Microscopy Metallic Tip-Enhanced Near-Field Fluorescence Lifetime Microscopy,” Review of Scientific Instruments, 74 (2003) pp. 3347-3355.
33. L. Zhu, G. K. Schenter, M. Micic, Y. D. Suh, N. Klymyshyn, H. P. Lu, “Nano-Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering Fluctuation Dynamics”, Proceedings of SPIE, 4962 (2003), pp. 70-75.
34. M. Micic ,K. Radotic, M. Jeremic, R. M. Leblanc, “Study of Self-Assembley of the Lignin Model Compound on Cellulose Model Substrate”,Macromolecular Biosciences, 3 (2003),pp. 100-106.
35. Micic, N. Klymyshyn, Y. D. Suh, H. P. Lu, "Finite Element Method Simulation of the Field Distribution for AFM Tip Enhanced Surface-Enhanced Raman Scanning Microscopy", Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 107(2003), pp. 1574-1584.
36. M. Micic, Y. Zheng, V. Moy, X. H. Zhang, F. Andreopoulos, R. M. Leblanc, "Comparative Studies of Surface Topography and Mechanical Properties of a New, Photo-Switchable PEG-Based Hydrogel", Colloids and Surfaces B:Biointerfaces, 27(2002), pp. 147-158.
37. M. Micic, J. Orbulescu, Y. Zheng, K. Radotic, M. Jeremic, G. Sui, R. M. Leblanc, “ZL-DHP Lignin Model Compound at the Air-Water Interface”, Biophysical Chemistry, 99(2002), pp. 55-62.
38. M.Micic, R.M.Leblanc, "Demonstrating a Thermodynamics Fountain", Journal of College Science Teaching, 31(2002) pp.491-492.
39. G. Sui, J. Orbulescu, M. Mabrouki, M. Micic, R. M. Leblanc, S. Liu, R. A. Cormier, B.A. Greg, “Self Assembley of the Liquid Crystal Semiconductors Molecules at the Air/Water Interface”, Journal of Physical Chemistry:B, 106 (2002) pp. 9335-9340.
40. G. Sui, M. Mabrouki, Y. Ma, M. Micic, R. M. Leblanc, “A Structural Study of Amphiphillic PAMAM (Poly(Amido- Amine)) Dendrimer in Langmuir and Langmuir-Blodgett Films”, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 250(2002) pp. 364-370.
41.Y. Zheng, M. Micic, S. V. Mello, M. Mabrouki, J. Orbulescu, F. M. Andreopoulos, V. Konka, S. M. Pham, R. M. Leblanc, “ PEG-Based Hydrogel Synthesis via the Photodimerization of Anthracene Groups”, Macromolecules, 35(2002) pp. 5228-5234.
42. M.Micic, D. Markovic, N. Vukelic, A. Stamatovic, B. Milosevic, A. Radu, V. Markovic, R. M. Leblanc, “Gaseous and Particulate Sulfur in Belgrade Troposphere”, Fresenius Environmental Bulletin 10(2001), pp. 629-634.
43. M.Micic, I. Benitez, Melanie Ruano, I. Benitez, M. Mavers, M. Jeremic, K. Radotic, Vincent Moy, Roger M. Leblanc, "Probing the Lignin Nanomechanical Properties and Lignin-Lignin Interactions Using the Atomic Force Microscopy", Chemical Physics Letters, 347(2001), pp.41-45.
44.M. Micic ,K. Radotic, M. Jeremic, F. Li, V.T. Moy, R. M. Leblanc, “Topographical Characterization and Surface Force Spectroscopy of the Photochemical Lignin Model Compound”, Biophysical Chemistry, 94 (2001), pp.257-263.
45. A. Popovic, M. Micic, V. Jovic, B. Zivancevic, D. Markovic, P.Polic, R.M. Leblanc, "Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope (ESEM) Characterization of Coal Ash Particles from “Nikola Tesla” Power Plant (Serbia) ”, Journal of Environmental Protection and Ecology, 2(2001), pp. 244-249.
46. Y. Zheng, F. M. Andreopoulos, M. Micic, Q. Huo, S. M. Pham, R. M. Leblanc, “A Novel Photoscissable PEG-based Hydrogel”, Advanced Functional Materials, 11(2001), pp. 37-40.
47. M.Micic, M.Jeremic, K. Radotic, R.M.Leblanc, "A Comparative Study of Enzymatically and Photochemically Polymerized Artificial Lignin Supramolecular Structures Using Environmental Scanning Electron Microscopy", Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 231(2000), pp. 190-195.
48. G.Sui, M. Micic, Q.Huo, R.M.Leblanc, "Synthesis and Surface Chemistry Studies of a New Amphiphillic PAMAM Dendrimer", Langmuir, 16(2000), pp. 7847-7851.
49. M.Micic, M.Jeremic, K. Radotic, M. Mavers, R.M.Leblanc, "Visualization of Artificial Lignin Supramolecular Structures", Scanning, 22(2000), pp.288-294.
50. .G.Sui, M. Micic, Q.Huo, R.M.Leblanc, "Studies of a Novel Polymerizable Amphiphilic Dendrimer”, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects,171 (2000), pp. 185-197.
51. X. Liu, F. J. Millero, M. Micic, “Iron Hydroxide Solubility and Morphology as Examined by ESEM”, Division of Environmental Chemistry Preprints of Extended Abstracts, 40 (2000), pp 532-534.
52. M. Micic, D. Markovic, N. Vukelic, A. Radu, B. Milosevic, R. M. Leblanc, " Environmental Scanning Electron Microscopy Study of Commonly Used Filters Substrates for the Active Sampling of Atmospheric Aerosols", Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 9(2000), pp.193-200.
53. M.Micic, A.Chen, R.M. Leblanc, V.T. Moy, "SEM Studies of Protein Functionlized AFM Cantilever Tips", Scanning, 21(1999), pp.394-397.
54. M. Micic, D. Markovic, A. Stamatovic, N. Vukelic, “Characterization and Trends in NO2 Diurnal Concentration Profiles in the Belgrade Troposphere During Autumn 1997”, Transaction: Ecology And The Environment 36(1999) pp. 847-850.
55. M.Micic, B.Jovancicevic, Lj.Tasic, P.Polic, N. Susic, D.Markovic, "Classification Tools Based on Artificial Neural Networks for the Purpose of Identification of Origin of Organic Matter and Oil Pollution in Recent Sediments", Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 7(1998), pp.648-653.
56. M. Micic, “Introduction to the Bipolar Transistor Circuits”, Mladi Fizicar (Young Physicist), 61(1997), pp 21-24. (In Serbian language)
EDITORIALSHIP, SYMPOSIA CHAIRMANSHIP AND GRANT REVIEWS:
a) Editorial assignments:
Guest Editor, Colloids and Surfaces: B - Biointerfaces
b) Symposia Chair:
Frontiers in Colloidal, Surface and Supramolecular Chemistry in Biomedical Applications, The 40th
Western Regional meeting of the American Chemical Society, January 22nd-25th,2006, Anaheim, California.
c) Grant reviews:
Grant Reviewer, Institute for Public Health and Water Research, Napperville, IL.
Innovation grants, Ministry of Science and Environmental Protection, Republic of Serbia, Serbia and Montenegro
Innovation grants, Vojvodina Region, Provincial Secretariat for Science and Technology Development, Serbia and
d) Reviewer, peer-reviewed journals:
Thin Solid Films
Colloids and Surfaces: B
Honors and Awards:
Cerritos College, Curicular Award, 2009.
Outstanding Professor Or Researcher, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 2005.
University of Miami, Graduate School, "1st Place in the category of physical sciences, 5th Graduate Student Research And Creativity Forum", 1999.
University of Miami, Graduate School, "3rd Place in the category of physical sciences, 6th Graduate Student Research And Creativity Forum", 2001.
Membership in Alpha Epsilon Lambda (AEL) Beta Chapter, graduate and professional student honorable society, 1999.
Membership in Sigma-Xi, The Scientific Research Society, 2002.
“Research Achievement Award”, Chemistry Department, University of Miami,, Coral Gables, 2002.
“First Publication Award", Chemistry Department, University of Miami, Coral Gables, 1999.
“Provost Research Travel Award”, Chemistry Department, University of Miami, Coral Gables, 2000.
"Excellence in Chemistry For Outstanding First Year Chemistry Graduate Student “,School of Arts and Sciences, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Miami, Coral Gables, 1999.
Award: "The Professor Dr. Ljubomir Cirkovic Memorial Fund" award, Prize for the best graduation thesis in physics in the academic year 1995/1996, Faculty of Physics, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, 1996.
Diploma “Special Award”, Yugoslavian Jury of Belgrade Fare for most advanced achievements of Yugoslavian Industry in the area of new technologies and automation, Belgrade, 1989.
Award “Smeli Cvet” (Brave Flower) for outstanding results in creativity for 1987, Alliance of Socialist Youth of Serbia, Republic Conference., Belgrade, 1987.
Plaque “Dan Mladosti” (Youth Day), for outstanding results in the area of scientific and technology achievements, City Conference of Socialist Youth Alliance, Belgrade, 1988.
Diploma “Politika” for outstanding talents in scientific research and inventorship, Politika Corp, Belgrade, 1988.
Diploma “Zmajeva Nagrada” for the best literally award in Serbia, Belgrade, Editors of “Zmaj” Literally Journal, Belgrade, 1987.
Award “Spomen Plaketa” (Recognition Plaque), for outstanding results, Assembly of Zvezdara County, Belgrade, 1987.
“Tehnika ‘87”, Recognition for presentation on the 31st international technical and technological innovation fare, from 25 to 30. V. 198, Belgrade Fare, Belgrade, 1987.
Return to top